The “Severo Ochoa” Internationalization Postdoctoral Program of the Center for Research in Agricultural Genomics (CRAG) is advertising five postdoctoral positions to start in June-July 2018. We are looking for highly talented and motivated scientists interested in modern, multidisciplinary plant sciences, encompassing experimental, bioinformatic and theoretical approaches.
These positions will involve collaborative projects between a group from CRAG and a group from another leading international Research Center (not located in Spain). The collaborative project will include a secondment of at least three months of the postdoctoral researcher at the international Center.
Interested candidates are required to discuss the proposal with their prospective principal investigator at CRAG before submitting the application. For this Call, applications are accepted for the following CRAG Research Groups:
- Rosaceae Genetics and Genomics - Iban Eduardo (iban.eduardocragenomica.es) in collaboration with Bacterial Pathogens and Plant Cell Death - Marc Valls (marc.vallscragenomica.es)
- Brassinosteroid Signaling in Plant Development - Ana Caño-Delgado (ana.canocragenomica.es)
- Floral Induction and Development - Soraya Pelaz (soraya.pelazcragenomica.es)
- Light Regulation In Plant Development - Jaume Martínez-García (jaume.martinezcragenomica.es)
- Molecular Mechanisms of Circadian Clock Function - Paloma Mas (paloma.mascragenomica.es)
- Molecular Regulation of Chloroplast Metabolism - Manuel Rodríguez-Concepción (manuel.rodriguezcragenomica.es)
- Regulatory Mechanisms in Dark/Light Growth and Development - Elena Monte (elena.montecragenomica.es)
- Rosaceae Genetics and Genomics - María José Aranzana (mariajose.aranzanacragenomica.es)
- Structure and Evolution of Plant Genomes - Josep Casacuberta (josep.casacubertacragenomica.es)
- Role of SUMO in plant development - Maria Lois (maria.loiscragenomica.es)
- Bacterial pathogens and plant cell death - Núria Sánchez-Coll (nuria.sanchez-collcragenomica.es)
- Gene regulatory networks in plant development – José Luis Riechmann (joseluis.riechmanncragenomica.es)
Information about the research groups and CRAG is available at http://www.cragenomica.es
The positions offered are two-year postdoctoral contracts. Salary will be 29,638 € gross per year. Contracts include social security coverage. The grant will cover the expenses related to the secondment (travel, accommodation and subsistence allowances) following the amounts indicated in the BOE 129 del 30/05/2002.
If interested in applying, please carefully read the Application requirements and procedure.
Application deadline has been extended until Friday January 12, 2018. Successful applicants should start at CRAG in July, 2018.
Application Requirements and Procedure
- Applicants must hold a doctorate degree before the start of the postdoctoral contract, but not necessarily when applying.
- Applicants must possess a high-quality research trajectory and a competitive publication track record.
- Candidates are eligible for a period of three (3) years following successful completion of their PhD at the date of the call deadline. Extensions to the 3-year rule are allowed for applicants whose academic career has been interrupted for maternity (or paternity) leave or other special circumstances such as mandatory military service or illness. These circumstances will be indicated in the Motivation Letter and must be documented. Extensions will be of one year per birth in case of maternity (or paternity) leave. The extension in the case of illness or mandatory military service will depend on its duration.
- Candidates who have previously done research at CRAG, at any stage of their career, will not be eligible.
How to apply
Applicants should complete and submit the on-line application through CRAGjobs.
Applicants will be asked to upload the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae, including academic information, positions held, list of publications, fellowships, research awards and other relevant merits.
- A Motivation Letter, including a summary of work experience and a statement of research interests and career goals (2 pages maximum).
- Research Proposal (maximum of 4 pages, including references, indicating the Research Group in which it would be developed and the international Research Group that will host the secondment). Candidates are required to discuss and prepare the proposal together with their prospective Group Leader at CRAG before submitting the application. The prospective Group Leader at CRAG will be the contact with the international Research Group. The prospective Group Leader will be requested by CRAG to submit a statement of acceptance of the candidate.
- Copy of PhD certificate or official notification of the award. If the applicant does not have the doctorate degree at the time of the application, she/he must provide an official academic record of the studies completed (degree or MSc) and a letter of commitment stating that she/he will have obtained the PhD by the expected incorporation date.
- Copy of passport (international applicants only).
In addition, applicants must ensure the submission of at least two reference letters from scientists with whom the applicant has studied or worked, including their PhD supervisor. Letters should be sent directly by the referees to PostdocProgramcragenomica.es (PostdocProgramcragenomica.es), and should also be received by the application deadline, January 12, 2018. Only letters with official letterhead and signature will be accepted. Candidates are responsible for ensuring that referees submit these letters. Applications without reference letters will not be considered.
Applicants must submit information in English (CV, Motivation Letter, and Research Proposal). If the PhD certificate is not in English, Catalan or Spanish, applicants must also attach a translation in one of these languages.
Applicants must upload all the required documents as PDF files of less than 10MB.
Please note that all information must be submitted by January 12, 2018. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Candidate selection will be performed by an independent, external peer review committee.
Selection will be based on the candidate´s academic qualifications and skills, reference and motivation letters, as well as research potential and future impact of the project. Research trajectory of the receiving group, of the international group for secondment, and match between the candidate´s profile and the project will also be part of the criteria. No selection criteria for positive or negative discrimination will be applied.
Selected candidates will be notified and offered the positions in early March, 2018