The Center for Research in Agricultural Genomics (CRAG) is a public consortium, with a legal personality that incorporates among its research groups the Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC), the Institut de Recerca i Tecnologia Agroalimentàries (IRTA), the Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona (UAB), and the Universidad de Barcelona (UB), as well as other researchers hired by the CRAG or other institutions as ICREA, all of them devoted to the study of genomics and genetics of plants and farm animals.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
By accessing this website, you as user accept its terms and conditions of use, which are set forth in all its legal notes and policies covering data protection, intellectual property, security measures and applicable jurisdiction. You, as user, therefore access this site at your own risk, and are yourself responsible for employing proper measures to avoid these risks.
Links to pages with illegal or defamatory content, or to any others offering information that is false or prejudicial to the CRAG or its partner organisations are strictly prohibited.
The CRAG revises and updates the information contained on this site but does not guarantee that the information is accurate. It therefore accepts no responsibility or liability for any harm or damage arising from decisions taken on the basis of information extracted from the content published on this website .
DATA PROTECTION AND CONSENT
1. The CRAG hereby informs users that it complies with applicable personal data protection legislation, as it firmly believes that user privacy and the confidentiality and security of any personal data that may be supplied by means of this service necessarily requires the adoption of the technical and organisational measures needed to prevent the loss, improper use, alteration, unauthorised access or theft of the personal data supplied, taking into account the state of technology, the nature of the data and the risks to which it is exposed.
2. Accordingly, the CRAG processes personal data supplied by users in accordance with the provisions of Spain’s Data Protection Act 15/1999, of 13 December (“DPA”), in a confidential manner and with the security measures required by the Regulations implementing the DPA, approved by Royal Decree 1720/2007, of 21 December.
3. Applicable data protection legislation imposes a number of obligations and also establishes the rights of persons with regard to personal data protection. To properly understand and, as the case may be, exercise any rights you may enjoy, as a user of this website you must carefully ready this notice and the other legal notes featured on it.
4. The CRAG reserves the right to modify this notice to bring it into line with changes in legislation or case law and with industry developments and practices. In both cases, due advance notice shall be provided on this site of any changes to be made to our data protection policy and when these shall become fully enforceable. In the words of the DPA itself, data of a personal nature is defined as any information on identified or identifiable individuals.
5. The only personal data to which the CRAG shall have access shall be that supplied by users themselves and of whose assignment they have been duly informed. All users have to realise that they must supply certain information in order for the CRAG to provide the service with which it has been charged and/or to carry on its principal activity.
6. You as user warrant that the personal data you provide to the CRAG is accurate and undertake to inform the company or any change thereto.
7. The purpose of the gathering and automated processing of personal data is to maintain the relationship established, as the case may be, by the management, administration, provision, broadening and improvement of the services which you as user decide to access and the provision of information and products offered by the foundation.
8. We acknowledge your rights as user of access, deletion, rectification and opposition, as well as the right to be informed of any assignments made of your personal data that are not covered by the provisions hereof or by those of applicable law. In this regard, you as user or your duly-accredited legal representative shall be entitled to exercise these rights by applying to the CRAG by ordinary mail, including a copy of your identity card or power of attorney, to the CRAG’s address, Edifici CRAG Campus de la UAB, Bellaterra (Cerdanyola del Vallès), or by email to the following email address: area.personalcragenomica.es
SECURITY ON THE NET
In particular, the CRAG employs security systems that, by using certification and encryption systems, allow for the checking of the authenticity of CRAG website from which personal data is gathered, as well as the integrity and confidentiality of your personal data during its transmission.
Nevertheless, you as user should be aware that Internet security measures are not invulnerable. You are therefore notified and warned by means hereof that such Internet-based measures are not infallible and that, consequently, the CRAG accepts no responsibility or liability for practices in which you as user do not assume the proper level of security nor due diligence, nor for the consequences thereof. Given all of this, we recommend that all users exercise the very greatest diligence in this regard and that they employ all the security mechanisms at their disposal .
1. All content and graphics (images, sounds, texts, logos, source code, etc.) forming part of the site http://www.cragenomica.es are the exclusive property of the CRAG or of third parties identified on the site that have authorised their use by the CRAG, and so are protected by Spain’s current Intellectual Property Act, approved by Royal Legislative Decree 1/1996, with the exceptions provided for in Article 13 thereof.
2. Access to intellectual property content by users does not imply the transfer of any entitlement thereover. In this regard, any use or reproduction by users of said content or of any that may be included in the future must be carried out in accordance with the provisions and within the limits of the aforementioned legislation.
3. More specifically, any reproduction (except for private use), transformation, distribution, public communication, making available to the public or any other exploitation of this website’s content is strictly prohibited without the written consent of its owner.
4. Nor may links be made to this website without the consent of its owner, and only links to its home page shall be permitted. To establish any link to said page from any other webpage, the consent must be sought by email address: area.personalcragenomica.es