News: Postdoctoral Positions at the Centre for Research in Agricultural Genomics (CRAG) Barcelona, Spain.
The Center for Research in Agricultural Genomics (CRAG) is seeking to incorporate highly talented and motivated postdoctoral scientists that are interested in modern, multidisciplinary plant sciences, encompassing experimental, bioinformatic and theoretical approaches.
Currently, we are inviting applications for 5 postdoctoral positions within our International CRAG “Severo Ochoa” Postdoctoral Program, to start in early 2017. Interested candidates are required to discuss the proposal with their prospective principal investigator at CRAG before submitting the application. For this Call, applications are accepted for the following CRAG Research Groups:
• Bacterial Pathogens and Plant Cell Death - Marc Valls
• Brassinosteroid Signaling in Plant Development - Ana Caño-Delgado
• Floral Induction and Development - Soraya Pelaz
• Genetics and Genomics of Vegetable Crops - Jordi Garcia-Mas
• Light Regulation In Plant Development - Jaume Martínez-García
• Molecular Mechanisms of Circadian Clock Function - Paloma Mas
• Molecular Regulation of Chloroplast Metabolism - Manuel Rodríguez-Concepción
• Plant Immune Responses to Pathogen Infection - Blanca San Segundo
• Plant Viruses - Juan José Lopez-Moya
• Regulatory Mechanisms in Dark/Light Growth and Development - Elena Monte
• Rosaceae Genetics and Genomics - María José Aranzana
• Structure and Evolution of Plant Genomes - Josep Casacuberta
Candidates with a high-quality research trajectory and a competitive publication track record are encouraged to apply. We offer excellent facilities to perform cutting-edge research, and an enhanced training and support program.
For further information about this call and the online application procedure, please visit:
Applications will be accepted until August 21, 2016
About CRAG Research at CRAG encompasses basic science in plant development, physiology, metabolism and genetics; bioinformatics and genomics of plants and farm animals; and applied projects developed together with Agbio, Biotech, and Breeding companies. CRAG is located at the campus of the Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona (UAB), and currently hosts 200 members from across the world, including about 60 PhD students and 30 postdoctoral researchers, in its facilities inaugurated in 2011: an ample and well-equipped building designed for modern plant biology and genomics research. CRAG received in 2015 the “Severo Ochoa Center of Excellence” Award, and the “Human Resources Excellence in Research” accreditation. The accreditation reflects CRAG's commitment to conduct transparent and merit-based recruitment and appraisal procedures and to provide attractive working conditions. CRAG is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer and encourages women and underrepresented minorities to apply.