News: Registrations for the VIII EUROPEAN PLANT SCIENCE RETREAT are open
The European Plant Science Retreat (EPSR) is an international scientific conference for PhD candidates who perform a doctorate in the field of plant biology.
From the 20th to the 23rd of June, the 8th European Plant Science Retreat (EPSR2016), an international conference for PhD students and organized by them, will take place in the city of Barcelona (Spain). This year the congress is organized by the PhD candidates of the Centre for Research in Agricultural Genomics (CRAG).
The conference, which has been taking place since 2008, originated as a collaboration between PhD candidates from three European research schools in Plant Science (EPS in The Netherlands, IMPRS in Germany, and SDV in France), who aimed to improve research, training and education of plant science PhD candidates in Europe. The PhD candidates can register to the EPSR2016 for free and will be able to present their research work in a poster format or as an oral communication. Furthermore, in this 8th edition, the congress will count with the presence of internationally known plant science researchers from public research institutions and private enterprises. These keynote speakers are:
- Riccardo Aiese, Sequentia Biotech (Spain)
- Jean-Philippe Combier, LRSV - CNRS (France)
- Martin Crespi, ISV - CNRS (France)
- Gunther Döhlemann, Universität zu Köln (Germany)
- Oscar Expósito, Phyture Biotech (Spain)
- Toni Gabaldón, CRG (Spain)
- Jordi Garcia-Mas, CRAG (Spain)
- Rossana Henriques, CRAG (Spain)
- Giulia de Lorenzo, Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza" (Italy)
The EPSR2016 will take place in the Aula Magna of the Faculty of Biology of the University of Barcelona. Registration will remain open until April 17th.